Social Worker (Therapeutic Services)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
pre progression - Grade 9 £28,672 - £32,234 post progression - Grade 11 £33,782 – £37,890
Social Care - Children Service
Stanley until June 2022 then Annfield Plain, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Children and Young Peoples Services
Children’s Social Care – Countywide and Specialist Services
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/21/234
Post title: Social Worker (Therapeutic Services) – full time - permanent
pre progression - Grade 9 £28,672 - £32,234
post progression - Grade 11 £33,782 – £37,890
Job Location: Stanley until June 2022 then Annfield Plain, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Durham has an excellent record for delivering high quality children’s therapeutic services. The Full Circle is the Durham in-house therapeutic team, which consists of therapeutic social workers, a clinical nurse specialist and a consultant clinical psychologist who work together with other professionals as part of the child’s care team. The focus of the work is children who have experienced trauma due to abuse or neglect.
The Full Circle plays an important role in promoting placement stability, delivering therapeutic parenting support to parents and carers, undertaking individual therapeutic work with children and young people and providing a range of attachment based training to professionals and those who use our service. We work into a number of other teams, and are extending our work in post-adoption support and work with care leavers.
We are currently looking for an additional social worker to join our team. We particularly welcome applications from experienced social workers who are:
• Interested in child mental health
• Empathic, reflective and analytical
• Have a good understanding of child development and the impact of trauma
• Possess both excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Resilient and work well under pressure
• Highly motivated with good organisational skills
• Able to work successfully across a number of teams and services
• Hardworking, reliable and creative
• Experienced in therapeutic work with relevant qualifications
• Work effectively with children and their parents / carers to improve relationships
• Committed to achieving better outcomes for Looked After children and young people, care leavers and children in need, including adopted children.
Essential Qualifications :
• Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS)
• Current Social Work England Registration
• Successful completion of the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
PLEASE NOTE : This post in not open to job share.
For further information about the post please contact Michelle Summerbell on 03000 264735 or via e-mail at email@example.com
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 16 June 2021, with a Young People’s Panel interview on the late afternoon/evening of 14 June 2021. It is necessary to attend on both occasions.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.