Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/06/2021 12:00
Schools - Support
Berwick Hills Primary School
Tel: 01642 245598
Head Teacher: Tessa Smith
Required for September 2021
37 hours per week TTO + 5 days
The successful applicant will deliver early family intervention, preventative support, guidance and advice to improve outcomes for children and families within a school context.
Duties of the post include providing support to parents/carers to develop their parenting skills to promote children’s physical, social and emotional development.
The role will involve:
• Building positive relationships with families and providing pastoral support for children
• Providing Level 2 Early Help
• Delivering parenting programmes in order to promote positive engagement with children’s learning and development
• Working with families on My Family Plan and thresholds
• Signposting all agencies that affect children’s lives, providing access to targeted and universal services
• Working as Deputy DSL under the direction of the DSL
• Engaging harder to reach families
• Organising and running social events and family learning/development courses for parents and families
• Maintaining effective records and documentation
• Running a school PTA
This is an opportunity to join a warm and welcoming staff team, in a community based school rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted (June 2018)
Berwick Hills Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Further details and an application form are available to download - please see Supporting Documents.
Completed applications to be returned to the school: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.