Senior Programme Delivery Officer.3827
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/06/2021 23:59
£32,910 - £36,922
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Senior Programme Delivery Officer (fixed term to 31/03/2024)
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we must work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
The Council’s Economy and Regeneration service is investing heavily in improving towns across Northumberland, creating opportunities for our residents and businesses.
Blyth, the County’s largest town, is on the cusp of a period of major transformation and growth, capitalising on its role as a leading UK hub for the renewable energy industry, at the vanguard of the nation’s low carbon energy revolution. The Council has recently secured a major £11m investment from the Future High Streets Fund to kickstart the ‘Energising Blyth’ regeneration programme, which is set to transform the town centre, while a further bid for £25m from the Government’s Towns Fund will boost economic growth across the wider town. Blyth is re-inventing itself as a 21st century clean growth port town, providing new jobs, better skills, more homes, and a great environment for its people and businesses. The town is at the forefront of the Government’s levelling-up plans and is leading Northumberland’s economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to play a key role in the Council’s new Regeneration Programme Delivery Team, charged with delivering our ambitious regeneration proposals for Blyth. Reporting directly to the Principal Programme Delivery Officer, you will support the delivery of a portfolio of high impact capital projects, including a new flagship culture centre; education and innovation facilities; industrial, commercial, leisure, and residential developments; and sustainable transport infrastructure.
We are seeking a highly experienced, energetic and driven regeneration professional with significant experience in the successful development and delivery of complex, multi-million pound capital projects and programmes, from initiation through to successful completion. You will play an important role in the development and management of large-scale construction projects, including commissioning and contract management of the full range of professional services.
Working closely with senior representatives of our private, public and third sector stakeholders, and with our business-led Town Deal Board, you will support the management of the ‘Energising Blyth’ Programme, liaising closely with UK Government departments to ensure successful delivery of our Future High Streets Fund and Town Deal commitments between 2021-2026. You will be a Senior Programme Delivery Officer in a dedicated team, working together to transform Blyth. In time, it is expected that the team’s role may expand to take on other exciting regeneration projects elsewhere in the County.
This post is co-funded by the council and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
We want to hear from experienced regeneration professionals who share our commitment to making a genuine difference for people and businesses in our town.
A full list of the duties and key result areas are set out in the attached Job Description and Person Specification
We are offering:
- A starting salary of 32,910 - £36,922 (Band 8)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- A commitment to support and training to develop in the role – to be agreed as part of standard regular appraisals.
Essential requirements: (for a full list see the JD and Person Spec)
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate experience in the development, management and delivery of capital projects/programmes related to town or other regeneration initiatives.
- Be confident in drafting briefs, managing contracts and commissioning consultants.
- Possess experience in developing HMT Green Book business cases for funding for place-based regeneration projects.
- Demonstrate direct financial management experience involving large scale public/private funded programmes or schemes.
- Evidence strong analytical skills including data collection and interpretation in a regeneration context.
- Be experienced in working with businesses and communities in developing and delivering a wide range of project and community engagement activity.
- Be experienced in making presentations at public meetings, committee meetings and stakeholder groups.
- Possess high levels of energy, focus and resilience, and an ability to deliver at pace.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact - Rob Strettle, Economic Growth and Regeneration Manager by email: email@example.com or tel: 07770642773.
CLOSING DATE 17 JUNE 2021
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job is closed for applications.