Support Assistant Level 2
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/06/2021 12:00
£18,562 - £18,933 per annum pro rata (actual £15,706 - £16,020 per annum)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Schools - Support
St. Vincent’s RC Primary School, Monkchester Road, Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2TX
St. Vincent’s RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 0191 265 5049
The appointment is for 37 hours per week term time only plus 3 training days as directed by the school. The successful candidate will be placed on a fixed term contract for 1 year, with a view to being made permanent following a staffing review.
The Governors of St Vincent’s RC Primary School wish to appoint a motivated and reliable Level 2 Support Assistant for our friendly, successful and hardworking school.
Duties will include; 1:1 pupil support, small group work and assisting with classroom administration and organisation.
The successful applicant should:
• Be sympathetic to the school’s Catholic ethos.
•Have a sound knowledge and understanding of Primary curriculum expectations in helping children with their learning.
• Hold a recognised Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification and be able to meet at least all the
essential criteria in the job specification.
• Be an excellent team player who is totally committed to enabling every pupil to be the best they
• Be able to demonstrate excellent, appropriate relationships with all children.
• Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and sensitivity when dealing with children.
• Be able to demonstrate an ability to work effectively with other agencies.
In return we can offer: an enthusiastic, welcoming and supportive team of staff and governors, plus opportunities for high quality continuing professional development.
St. Vincent’s RC Primary School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
An application pack is available to download from the school’s website:
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail, no later than midday on Friday 11th June 2021.
This job is closed for applications.