School Business Manager - St John the Baptist Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/06/2021 12:00
£19,376.00 Grade L (.31-.33)
Hours per week:
3 days a week or equivilent
Schools - Support
Required for September, 2021
Due to the retirement of our highly valued SBM, we are looking to recruit a School Business Manager who will be a positive and happy team member with a commitment to wanting the best for the school and community.
The successful candidate will deal with a wide variety of financial, compliance and human resources tasks as well as managing the office team. They will have the support of an experienced leadership team and a strong and proactive Governing Body.
The successful candidate will lead by example, setting high standards for themselves, the school and others. S/he will be experienced at managing finance and resources, skilled at managing systems and people and able to think creatively /problem solve. They will have a positive outlook and be flexible and proactive in the face of challenge.
The successful candidate will:
· be able to make challenging decisions and hold difficult conversations
· be organised, highly efficient and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
· have successful experience of working in finance, ideally in an educational setting
· be able to adapt practices and procedures in order to ensure best value for money
· support the vision and ethos of the school
Specifically the role requires the successful person to fulfil the following:
• Finance and Accounting – In year budgeting, planning and securing financial sustainability in the medium to longer term; being accountable for ensuring that proper books of account are kept and that reports of the material and financial affairs are produced to the Governors, Auditors and Statutory Bodies in accordance with their requirements and with the requirements of the law; working with the School’s Auditors, as necessary.
• Administration – ensuring excellent office procedures are in place and the delivery of statutory reporting to both internal and external stakeholders is within set time-frames; maintaining the School Single Central Register (SCR) of recruitment, as required by the Department for Education,
• Personnel – managing HR procedures and paperwork ensuring compliance with all elements of employment and associated law.
• Premises – Maintaining and enhancing facilities, information technology and school buildings, including Security, Health and Safety requirements/regulations and Risk Management.
• Leadership – line management of admin team and caretaker
If you would like to visit school, please email Kerry Coe, Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. For more information or an informal discussion please do not hesitate to contact us.
Short Listing: 15th June, 2021
Interview to be confirmed by email
Application packs are available from Mrs J Gair – School Business Manager on 01642 607123 or Jacqui.email@example.com and should be returned to this email address.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with other relevant employment checks.
St John the Baptist Primary School, St. Johns Way, Ragworth, Stockton on Tees, TS19 0FB
This job is closed for applications.