Team Manager - Adult Contact Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/06/2021 23:59
Band 13 £43,857 - £46,845 annually
Social Care - Adult Service
Central House, Darlington. DL3 6JX (currently supporting agile working)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a dynamic and experienced Team Manager to lead our Adult Contact Team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate and motivated, and someone who has a track record of being able to deliver change management and inspire staff development.
You will lead a large fast paced team of Social Workers, Community Assessment Officers, and Occupational Therapists. The Council has embraced a strength-based model of assessment to maximise independence, well-being, choice and control. We are seeking an individual who shares our determination to make a real difference to people’s lives. You will play a key part in the success of providing a high-quality response to individuals who contact Adult Social Care.
The Team comprises of 2 functions:
1. The front door consists of Social Workers, Community Assessment Officers, and Occupational Therapists. The team receive the initial incoming calls, gather information and then determine if the individual requires information and advice, signpost to other appropriate services or whether the individual requires a further assessment.
2. The casework function includes community crisis work and focused short-term interventions to maximise independence. Cases remain active for up to 16 weeks. If there is a need for further intervention at the end of the 16 weeks, then a planned transfer to a long-term team would take place.
As part of our transformation project, your role as Team Manager will be pivotal in leading and implementing the new vision and model of working. Strong performance management and a clear focus on strength-based outcomes will be key in measuring the success of the new structure. You will work alongside performance colleagues to ensure that key deliverables are accomplished. Your role will be supported by 2 senior practitioners who will assist in the overall operational management of the team.
You will join a supportive and experienced group of Team Managers across the Service. Your role will be critical in the delivery of both high quality and responsive front-line services which safeguard and promote improved outcomes for adults. If you are innovative, positive, dedicated and enjoy the rewards and challenges of transformational change management, this position is right for you.
You must be qualified with a social work degree, social work qualification (Dip.SW, CCSW, CSS) or equivalent, and will need to be registered with Social Work England.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to provide a wide range of other benefits, such as:
• Access to a high-quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice;
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase additional Annual Leave (pro-rata for part time working)
Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional
• Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car Leasing Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership for the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to criteria
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to criteria
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. For a further informal discussion, please contact Kal Guram (Acting Service Manager) on 07384 533913 / 01325 406875 or Geraldine Earley (Acting Head of Service) on 01325 406211
Interviews will be held face to face week commencing 21st June 2021
The post requires a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure including Adults Barred List check.
This job is closed for applications.