DBS927/21 Teaching Assistant - St. Stephen's R.C. Primary School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/06/2021 23:59
£16,276.07 - £16,601.39 pa
Schools - Support
St. Stephen’s RC Primary, Goathland Avenue, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE12 8FA
Grade 4 point 5-6, £16,276.07-£16,601.39 (including term time pro rata) 37 hours per week
193 days per annum - term time plus 3 training days September 2021
The governing body is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant who will make a significant contribution to the life of the school, following and promoting the Catholic ethos.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who:
• would help to create stimulating learning environments, both indoor and outdoor
• will understand the value of play and how to facilitate this between children of primary age, both in and outside of the classroom
• can demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and can model effective methodology and
practice in order to support and inspire pupils’ learning
• is able to utilise technology effectively to help further pupils’ learning and to support primary curriculum delivery
• is committed to promoting high standards of care and education
• can maintain confidentiality and discretion and has a good understanding of safeguarding procedures
• is conscientious and demonstrates a commitment to their professional development.
We are really looking to appoint someone who is passionate about primary education and would like to work in a vibrant and forward-thinking school setting. The post-holder will work alongside a large team to support the planning, observation and extension of children's learning. This is an exciting time to be joining our team as we move forward to becoming part of the Bishop Bewick Academy Trust, in 2022.
We can offer:
• lively and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
• extensive support and opportunities for professional development in a range of areas
• access to experienced staff who can support your ongoing development throughout the apprenticeship programme
Entry requirements include:
• GCSE or other level 2 qualification in English and mathematics
St. Stephen’s moved into a brand-new building in September 2014. As such, we can offer the successful candidates the chance to work in a purpose-built setting with excellent facilities and resources.
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Visits to school are welcome and can be organised by contacting Miss F. Celardi, our School Business Manager. Our online video prospectus is available to view at: https://www.ststephensprimaryschool.co.uk/welcome/.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st June and interviews to be arranged thereafter. Application packs can be downloaded from our school website.
This job is closed for applications.