Care Co-ordinator (Level 1)
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£20,092 to £21,748 pro rata
Sleep in (if applicable)
Hours per week:
37, 32, 18.5 or 16
Social Care - Adult Service
Sunderland Care and Support is a provider of high-quality care to the community of Sunderland, who are passionate about supporting adults with learning disabilities. We are seeking to recruit a team of Care Coordinators into our Supported Living Services who are able to encourage a workplace culture based on respect and dignity for those in need of care and support.
Cheshire Avenue will be?a?newly designed?service for adults who are on the autism spectrum, who have extremely complex needs and display challenging behaviours. Customers residing in these services have been assessed as needing specialist support?to participate within their local community to develop a wide range of skills?with an aim of?maintaining?a tenancy within the city of Sunderland.?
We are keen to recruit someone with the integrity who can help us ensure our company values are at the heart of everything we do. Our values are:
• Excellence – deliver the best outcomes and high-quality service through the dedicated effort of every team member.
• Teamwork – Value the contributions of all, blending the skills of individual staff members in partnership and collaboration.
• A good place to work – Enjoying our role each day through enhancing the lives of those we serve, through creative ideas and the unique talents of each employee.
As a Care Coordinator level 1 (Grade 3), your role will focus on maintaining and developing a customer’s quality of life by including them in meaningful activity. This may include supporting a customer to prepare meals, complete household tasks, administer medication, money management, access community activity, go shopping, meet friends & family, find a job, or provide emotional support. In addition, you will contribute to the ongoing development of care plans ensuring meaningful choice and support is given to those in need of care, so they can access services to help them lead the life they want.
We are looking for Care Coordinators who are motivated towards high customer care along with own personal development. You will be supported on your journey via induction, probation, supervision and appraisal to ensure customers receive support which is designed to meet their own personal need.
What we can offer you
The job is extremely rewarding and in return we offer:
• A starting annual salary of £20,092 rising to £21,748 (pro rata)
• Sleep in payment of £36.08 per shift completed.
• Designated rota pattern
• Excellent training opportunities
• A pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Career development opportunities
• A positive and rewarding job role and culture
• Work shifts on a rota including daytime, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays, *
Applying for the position
Application forms should be submitted via email to recruitment.SCAS@sunderlandcareandsupport.co.uk or via post to Recruitment, Sunderland Care and Support, Leechmere Centre, Carrmere Road, Sunderland, SR2 9TQ.
Due to the current circumstances, we will be holding telephone/virtual interviews rather than a face to face interview. Following our shortlisting process, we will contact candidates to arrange an appropriate time to carry out a telephone interview. If you are successful following the interview process appointments will be made subject to two satisfactory references and DBS check.
Please note CVs or covering letters will not be accepted.