Teaching Assistant Level 2 - The Vision Academy Learning Trust, Egglescliffe School & Sixth Form College
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
SCP 7-8, £17,281 per annum (pay award pending)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week Term Time + 5 days only
Schools - Support
37 hours per week Term Time + 5 days only - 1 year contract
Egglescliffe is a highly successful and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
We also hold the following national awards:
* Ofsted Outstanding School Status * National Teaching School * Sport England Sportsmark * Healthy School Award
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
• Opportunities for career development
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified Level 2 Teaching Assistant – with experience of working with children who have communication and interaction difficulties ages 11 to 18, reporting to the Assistant Headteacher: SENco.
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working in an educational provision and ideally relevant qualifications in Learning Support.
• A calm, understanding and friendly personality
• The ability to manage behaviour and help students focus on any given task, encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
• A professional, nurturing and resilient approach.
• Commitment and dependability within the workplace with ability to use your own initiative.
• An understanding of the National Curriculum expectations at KS3 and 4.
• The confidence to address conflict and challenging behaviour, once trained.
• The willingness to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team, providing day to day classroom support to the children and assisting with pupil behaviour as and if required in a supportive manner.
• The ability to establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs.
• The ability to helping plan lessons by preparing materials and resources.
• The capability to work with Teachers and the SENCO to ensure progress and development.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with collaborative schools that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit either www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application to: PA to the Head Teacher and SLT, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews w/c: Monday 28th June