DBS943/21 Level 3 Teaching Assistant - Star of the Sea RC Primary School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£17,108.92 - £18,115.93 pa
Schools - Support
Star of the Sea RC Primary School, Seatonville Road, West Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, NE25 9EG
Star of the Sea School is a Catholic primary school providing education to children aged from 3 to 11 years. We are located in Monkseaton, Whitley Bay and, currently, have 414 pupils on roll.
Our Governors at Star Of the Sea are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated, reliable and highly competent individual to join our team. The individual must hold a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification and be able to show that they are able to:
• Support the Catholic ethos of our school
• Work as part of a team
• Deliver high quality learning experiences for our pupils
• Build good working relationships with pupils and adults
• Demonstrate good literacy, numeracy and IT skills and a knowledge of Primary intervention schemes
• Manage children and have excellent behaviour management skills
Main duties of the post:
• To work under the direct instruction of the teaching/senior staff, to support access to learning for pupils and general support to the teacher and school as needed.
Shortlisting/Interview might include the candidate carrying out a socially distanced task with children on site and/ or an interview via a web based platform or face to face in line with Covid 19 restrictions applying at the time.
This post is 37 hours per week, term time only over 195 days, fixed term until the 31st July 2022.
The school is strongly committed to safeguarding children. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced DBS.
Application packs are available from the Star of the Sea website: https://www.staroftheseaschool.co.uk and can be returned by post or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed forms should be returned to the above email address or mailed to arrive by the closing date.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 18th June 2021
Shortlisting will take place in week commencing 21st June 2021
Unfortunately, due to current Covid 19 guidance, we cannot arrange visits to school but please do not hesitate to contact school if you require any further information.