Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£8,913 - £17,189p.a. subject to Age (see below)
Hours per week:
37hours per week
Borough of Stockton on Tees
TO START SEPTEMBER 2021
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people to join us on an apprenticeship programme. If you're looking for the opportunity to make a real difference and follow a stimulating and rewarding career, we would welcome an application from you to come and work with us as a Business Administration Apprentice.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work. We truly value our Apprentices. We recognise that Apprenticeships help us identify new talent, build new skills in our workforce, increase diversity in the workplace and help us to deliver our ambitious plans.
JOB DESCRIPTION: A Business Administration apprenticeship provides a great opportunity for you to gain transferable skills, knowledge and behaviours to kickstart your career. As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will receive valuable experience providing professional administrative support and where your duties will be varied depending on which team you are placed in, but could include updating and maintaining records, minute taking of meetings, answering queries (by telephone or email), contacting customers, marketing activities, computer work, booking travel and accommodation, diary management plus many more.
We currently have Apprentice Business Administrator opportunities available in the following areas, with opportunities to work in other teams across the Council potentially coming soon:
• Events Service: You will have the opportunity to provide event support to the Council’s programme of annual events including Stockton International Riverside Festival (SIRF) and Stockton Sparkles. The team also provides support and advice to other community groups and charities who plan and organise events and street parties within the borough.
• Housing Services: Assist residents, tenants and landlords or those looking to move to the Borough to access the most appropriate accommodation to meet their individual needs, you will have the opportunity to work across Housing Regeneration and Investment, Private Sector Housing, Strategic Housing and the Homelessness and Housing Solutions Teams.
• Human Resources: Providing administrative support on a variety of employment matters, you will primarily support recruitment activities, employee wellbeing activities, and HR projects including the annual apprenticeship programme.
• Licensing Service: Supporting business and individuals in obtaining appropriate licences or permits to carry out business activities – such as taxi licenses, alcohol and entertainment, animal licenses, charity licenses and others.
• Registration Services: Working as part of a team to assist with the statutory registration of births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships for the residents within the district of Stockton.
• Xentrall Shared Services – HR & Payroll: Proving administrative and transactional HR services to Stockton-on-Tees and Darlington Borough Councils as well as Schools and Academies you will gain experience of Recruitment, Contracts, Payroll and System Support.
• Adoption Tees Valley: Supporting the regional adoption agency, providing administrative support to the team who are responsible for finding loving families for vulnerable children in the Tees Valley who for many reasons are unable to live with their birth family. www.adoptionteesvalley.org.uk
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: All candidates are required to meet the essential requirements set out below. Please address in your application how you meet the following:
• Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade C/4 or above or equivalent Level 2 qualifications (must include English & Maths)
• Experience working as part of a team (this could be in a sporting, educational, work, or social setting) as well as demonstrating use of own initiative
• Committed to providing excellent customer service
• Excellent IT Skills – Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
• Excellent Communication, Interpersonal and Written skills
• Demonstrates the behaviours which underpin the Council’s Culture Statement
APPRENTICESHIP QUALIFICATION: You will be given appropriate paid time off work, to attend College and work towards completion of a Business Administrator – Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification PLEASE NOTE: You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in the same or similar subject.
APPRENTICESHIP BENEFITS: We offer an excellent benefits package for apprentices. You will be given a fixed term contract allowing you sufficient time to complete your apprenticeship qualification (see below), with the potential to secure a longer-term position to grow within the organisation. We will provide you with a dedicated Mentor to support you during your apprenticeship and you will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement as well as access to a number of additional employee benefits and additional learning and development opportunities.
APPRENTICESHIP DURATION: 21 MONTHS
• Under 18 years old, £4.62per hour, £8,913per year
• 18 to 20 years old, £6.56per hour, £12,656per year
• 21 to 22 years old, £8.36per hour, £16,128per year
• 23 years and over, £8.91per hour, £17,189per year
HOW TO APPLY: Please ensure you refer to the information included in the Advert, Job Description and Person Specification when completing your online application form. Additional information about current apprenticeship opportunities with Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council can be found on our website: www.stockton.gov.uk/apprenticeships.
If you would like an informal discussion about the apprenticeship opportunity, please contact Jill Patterson, Corporate Administration Manager on 01642 526516 or email: Jill.Patterson@stockton.gov.uk
Interview Dates: 14 & 15 July 2021