Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/06/2021 12:00
£57,236 - £59,551 per annum
Belmont House, Guisborough / Working from Home
“This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.”
We have many reasons to be proud of our existing services for children, young people and their families in Redcar and Cleveland. We have a passionate workforce who are committed to supporting children and young people to feel safe, healthy, happy and ready to learn and achieve. We respect everyone as equally valued members of our community by listening to their views and using their opinions to help shape our services.
Are you the right person to help us to develop a brighter future for our children?
If you share the ethos of Redcar and Cleveland’s Children and Families Directorate, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Are you looking for a new challenge? We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic lead officer to join our service.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to improve outcomes for the children and families in our borough. Our dedicated teams ensure that the child’s voice remains central and interventions are evidence based with a clear focus on safely managing risk.
We are seeking a Lead Professional to:
• Lead on the strategy for improving outcomes for inclusion in Redcar & Cleveland, in particular, attendance and exclusion outcomes.
• Improve the offer in Redcar & Cleveland for children at risk of exclusion, this will include overseeing the PRU and Alternative Provision to ensure it meets needs and limits, as far as possible, children being excluded or requiring specialist placements.
• Create a coherent and effective service for vulnerable children particularly those at risk of exclusion, those not accessing full time education, those under Elective Home Education, those with English as an Additional Language and new arrivals.
• To be responsible for ensuring the safeguarding of children in the Borough including those missing education, and work on PREVENT strategies for those at risk of extremism.
• Motivate and support a team of professionals to be ambitious on behalf of children and families
Required qualifications: Qualified Teacher
Educated to degree level and relevant professional qualification relating to children/education
In Redcar & Cleveland you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work
• A quality framework which supports practice improvement
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check will be sought.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Clare Mahoney, Assistant Director for Education and Skills on 01642 771674.
Please note we are planning to interview on Thursday 24th June 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 18th June 2021.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
This job is closed for applications.