Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/06/2021 14:00
£11,587 based on 0.60 FTE
Schools - Support
Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
Band 3 (£19,312 Full Year) *pro rata
** Variable Hours Contract**
**Variable Hours Contract 15hrs - 32 hrs Term Time plus 5 days
(Expect need to be 26 hrs over 4 days Term Time - 0.60 FTE)
The Trustees are looking to appoint a suitably experienced Teaching Assistant on a permanent contract. The successful candidate will work across the key stages and subjects and work alongside teachers ensuring high quality learning and progress within lessons for individual students and small groups. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by the various challenges that the job provides and has the right personal qualities.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
• Is an exceptional, motivated and skillful person who is passionate and reflective about their work
• Can demonstrate excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning which values all students
• Experience of working with students with varying needs in a secondary education setting is desirable
• Has very high expectations of all students and themselves
• Has good literacy and numeracy skills (equivalent Level 2/GCSE)
• NVQ Level 2 qualification (min) or equivalent academic qualifications
• Has a good working knowledge of ICT
• Is able to work well as part of a team
• Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
• Is quick to take on new initiatives
The post is open to those experienced, newly qualifying or willing to work towards the supporting teaching and learning qualification. Please make special reference to any skills or qualities you have which you would deem particularly relevant to this post.
The above post is available from earliest possible start.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
An application form and job description is available to download from the vacancy section on the school’s website www.berwickacademy.co.uk
If you would like further information, please contact Fiona Hall Tel: 01289 333929
Completed application forms should be returned to the school by noon on 11th June 2021 by emailing email@example.com
Further information about the school can be found on our website: www.berwickacademy.co.uk
This job is closed for applications.