Cleaner - Whinfield Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/06/2021 12:00
£9.62 per hour. Band 1 (Point 3)
Hours per week:
16 hours per week, (3.15pm to 6.30pm Monday - Thursday & 3.15pm to 6.15pm on Friday)
Schools - Support
The Governors of Whinfield Primary School wish to appoint a cleaner for 16 hours per week, whole year to provide effective cleaning and facilities management support to the school, including ensuring that the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
Cleaners perform a key role in our facilities team, supporting the Caretaker by ensuring the building is cleaned to a safe and high standard.
There will be occasions when flexibility and additional hours may be required to accommodate any evening or special events with parents/carers, pupils and staff e.g. parent evenings.
The successful applicant will:
• Have excellent cleaning skills
• Experience of working with a wide range of people
• Have the ability to interpret data and can use the COSHH Risk assessments
• A clear vision and understanding of the needs of a school.
• The ability to undertake moving and handling of physical objects, dynamically risk assessing the weight to ensure safe working practices.
• Be flexible in their approach and work well as part of the team.
• Support the wider aspects of school life.
• Have good written and verbal communication skills, including email and electronic communication.
• Have ideas and, very importantly, a good sense of humour.
Whinfield is an inclusive, caring and friendly school and is committed to equal opportunities. You will join our dedicated, friendly and motivated team who are passionate about delivering a warm and friendly welcome to pupils and parents/carers, as well as enabling our School to continue its journey towards outstanding.
If you feel that you can demonstrate the characteristics and skills we are looking for and hold the relevant qualifications to meets the demands of this post, then we would like to hear from you.
The governors and leaders of Whinfield Primary School recognise and value the exceptional commitment and goodwill all staff bring to our school and offer additional benefits including access to:
• Teachers / Local Government Pension Scheme (school contributes)
• Childcare Voucher Scheme (Darlington Borough Council)
• Subsidised onsite breakfast and after school childcare for working parents with pupils at Whinfield
• Bike to Work Scheme (Darlington Borough Council)
• Secure cycle storage
• Free car parking
• Free wellbeing support and medical treatment (exclusions apply)
• Continuing Professional Development.
Whinfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, including a self-disclosure form, references will be sought and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.
Application packs are available from the school website www.whinfield.net Please return completed applications directly to the School Office firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place remotely using Microsoft Teams
Whinfield Primary School , Augusta Close. Darlington, DL1 3HT
Tel: 01325 240499
This job is closed for applications.