4261 Governor Service Support Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£22,183 - £23,541 pa pro rata.
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Any location within North Tyneside
The Governor Services Team provides a high-quality clerking, advisory and training service to school Governing Boards.
We are looking for a Governor Services Support Officer to support this work. You should have excellent note taking and communication skills and be able to operate flexibly within a busy office environment.
Across this post, we are also looking for the successful candidates to:
• have some understanding of working in an educational environment
• have proven clerking, minute taking and administrative experience
• be an accurate typist and demonstrate attention to detail
• be a proficient report writer
• be able to work to tight deadlines
• be confident in dealing with a wide range of people, including giving advice to School Governing Boards
• enjoy working as part of a team
• be able to attend evening meetings on a regular basis at various locations. You will require your own transport.
The post is permanent, 29.6 hours per week.
For an informal discussion about the posts, please contact Kathleen Wallace, Governor Services Co-ordinator on (0191) 643 8720.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.