HLTA + SSA - Dryden School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Fixed term to 31st August 2022, linked to a review of the staffing structure. Full Time 37 Hours per week term time only Grade G SCP19 - SCP 23 £21,792.96 - £23,725.86 + SSA £1132.37 per annum
Schools - Support
Required for September 2021
Dryden & Hill Top Learning Federation - Dryden School
The Governors are seeking to appoint an HLTA – to add to the staff team at Dryden School.
This post will be to add support to a strong school team. As with all posts in school, you must have the flexibility to work anywhere in the school.
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic HLTA with determination to make things happen, to join our well-established, experienced and supportive
staff. Experience of working with young people with severe learning difficulties is required.
We need you to be:
• Committed, creative and enthusiastic
• Able to work as part of a team
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A good classroom practitioner-working in partnership with the class teacher
• Take responsibility for planning challenging learning objectives
• Use your initiative to assess and evaluate pupils’ needs, and leading the delivery of learning activities
• Able to lead work with individuals or small groups of pupils
• Able to demonstrate good behaviour management skills.
• Able to respond to a wide range of special needs and provide support to all pupils
Online applications only from www.gateshead.gov.uk
Dryden School is committed to the protection and safety of all pupils and students and will implement a rigorous recruitment process.
If Successful you will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.
Please contact Elizabeth Johnson for an informal discussion on 0191 4203811.
Closing Date: 12 Noon Monday 21st June 2021
Expected date of Interviews: These will be subject to Covid-19 Regulations in place at this time
Salary amounts quoted are from the 1st September to 31st August and therefore if you commence employment part way through the academic year they are subject to an equated adjustment.