DBS958/21 Cover Supervisor - Moorbridge
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/06/2021 12:00
£21,697.81 - £23,435.53 pa
Schools - Support
Moorbridge, Earsdon Road, Shiremoor, NE27 0HJ
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Moorbridge Pupil Referral Unit in Shiremoor for a polite, well-presented, confident, articulate person with a great sense of humour and a calm demeanour to join us as a School Cover Supervisor as soon as possible. This post has arisen due to the expansion of the provision.
Joining us in this key role, you will be responsible for supervising work set to a class of pupils in the short-term absence of a teacher.
To be successful, you will have:
• good organisational skills
• confidence dealing with pupils in classroom situations
• the ability to deal with pupils’ learning and behaviour at various levels
• Degree Level education
Cover is allocated on a daily basis following the full school curriculum. Familiarity with subjects to GCSE level and working with pupils in the age range 11-16 with SEMH would be an advantage. There would also be a requirement to undertake duties before and after school.
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to field questions from pupils and staff alike
- Strong nurturing focus and a professional outlook
- The ability to multi-task and to re-prioritise workload at short notice
- Well-organised and capable of working independently - Strong classroom management skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, whilst maintaining politeness and professionalism
- Good record keeping
- Competent in all aspects of Safeguarding
Moorbridge PRU staff benefit from the following:-
- a highly nurturing environment;
- strong and supportive collegial relationships;
- the opportunity for professional growth and development;
- free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
- cycle to work scheme.
A Staff well-being survey in July 2020 revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
- Staff morale
- Job satisfaction,
- Opportunity for staff to offer ideas
- Opportunities for staff professional development
- Support from line managers,
- Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
- Induction of new staff
- Students' respect for staff/others.
This role would also suit an Early Career Teacher and we would look to help the ECT complete necessary procedures and skills.
Moorbridge PRU is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Moorbridge PRU is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Visits to Moorbridge PRU are welcomed and expected.
Please call Allison Maughan on 0191 6436188, Michael Tate on 0191 6436189 or Laura Lowden on 0191 6436170 to arrange a visit.
We look forward to meeting you.
This post is permanent, 37 hours per week, term time only over 195 days.
Application forms/further details available from/return to
Email - email@example.com
Closing date for applications noon, 18th June 2021.
This job is closed for applications.