Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/06/2021 12:00
SCP 29 – 33 (pro rata £31,170 - £35,759)
Catering / Cleaning
Ponteland, Heddon and Belsay
Pele Trust comprises one secondary school and five primary schools located in Ponteland, Heddon on the Wall and Belsay.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Area Catering Manager to join the Trust and are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to transform the current service and oversee the delivery of a high quality and innovative school catering service.
You will lead the provision of a high quality and professional catering service, whilst ensuring that the Trust meets statutory requirements for food standards and health & safety.
The successful candidate will:
• Take the lead on bringing the Trust catering service in-house, nurturing and enthusing existing kitchen staff and ensuring investment in their professional development
• Devise fresh, healthy, filling and delicious menus and engage with individual schools to ensure that they respond to local tastes
• Be skilled in cooking activities across the full range of menu provision from preparation of menus, portion control, special dietary meals and small-scale function catering where required
• Work to ensure that service offers the highest of qualities at affordable prices given the context of the provision
• Work to increase take up of school meals across all schools
• Understand and work to financial budgets, supported by our Finance Team, to ensure that expenditure on our catering service remains economical in relation to our income
• Run an efficient and effective service supported at a local level by our School Business Managers, actively seeking the views of the entire customer range to ensure the most appropriate service provision at all times
• Ensure effective procurement, engaging with local suppliers where appropriate and ensuring high quality and consistent supplies
• Support the delivery of the curriculum by engaging with teaching colleagues, pupils and parents to promote healthy lifestyles and the importance of good food choices
• Communicate clearly and diplomatically with colleagues, staff and customers at all levels and make decisions relating to the catering service
• Meet all statutory, regulatory, health and safety and environmental obligations including the provision of risk assessments and allergen information
• Be able to travel between all Trust school
Experience/Qualifications/Personal Skills Required:
• A Supervisory Food Safety Qualification, and ideally a Supervisory Health and Safety Qualification
• An NVQ in Professional Cookery/Food Production and Cooking or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience and skills
• Knowledge of school catering is preferred but not essential, however the ideal candidate must at least have experience of dealing with multi-site catering services, procurement, budgets, and managing a team
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead teams and engage others
• You will be passionate in your belief that every child can and should succeed and understand the part that your role plays in this
Training and support will be provided, as will opportunities for continuous professional development.
Closing date for this post is Midday Thursday 17 June 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Please note that CV’s are not accepted for this post and applications should be made using the published application form and submitted to our Chief Operations Officer, Claire Hancock by e-mail email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.