Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Initial, Advice and Guidance Officer
£105 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 6 IAG
Contract dates: June 2021 – December 2021
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a number of Initial, Advice and Guidance Officers to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a local secondary school in South Tyneside. This is a full time role that for the right person, could lead to a permanent role.
The desired Initial, Advice and Guidance Officer will support students with the following:-
• Advice and guidance on course and training information
• Financial support information, advice and guidance
• Careers guidance –hold interviews to discuss which options are most suitable for individual student.
• Student counselling appointments
• Signposting to other services
To be considered for the position of Initial, Advice and Guidance Officer, you will:-
• Ideally hold Level 6 in Advice and Guidance but not essential.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed student services team.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education:
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated secondary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply:
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Gareth Gaston in our Newcastle secondary team on 0191 267 6491 or email email@example.com