DBS4278 Independent Scrutineer
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£500 per day for a minimum of 20 days per year
Social Care - Children Service
Any location within North Tyneside
Are you an independent thinker, skilled in multi-agency working, and can keep the needs and perspective of the children and young people of North Tyneside at the heart of everything we do?
Our Safeguarding Partnership are looking forward to working with someone who can provide us with insight, challenge and independent views.
We welcome applications from people from a range of disciplines. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and hold a recognised professional qualification in a discipline which could include social care, health, police or equivalent experience at a strategic management level.
You will have:
• Experience at a senior level, in a Children’s Safeguarding Partnership organisation (e.g. Police, Health, Children’s Social Care, Education, Voluntary Organisation)
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, guidance, and policy frameworks within which safeguarding arrangements operate.
• Experience of developing strong and productive partnerships at a senior level
• Commitment to strengthening multi-agency working, to help enable improved outcomes for children, young people, and their families
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical skills, an ability to assimilate large volumes of information, draw clear conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
• The confidence, authority, and objectivity to skilfully challenge practices and hold agencies accountable.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role please contact Sue Burns, Partnership Business Manager, in the first instance, email@example.com or 0191 6437391.
Instruction on completing an application?
Please submit your CV and a covering letter of an application (which should be no more than three sides of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This should detail how your suitability and experience is relevant to the range of ideal experience included in the job description.
Please be advised that this position will require an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.