Care Manager 1 (Fixed Term) Dene Park House
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£22,183 - £24,491
Social Care - Adult Service
Dene Park House
Care Manager 1
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s on-going challenges and the diversity of our residents’ means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
We have an exciting opportunity for a fixed term, part time (30 hours per week) Care Manager 1 within the West Adult Social Care Team based in Dene Park House.
The post will work alongside adults who have a physical disability or illness, mental health and learning disability. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced team with enthusiastic and experienced care managers. The team has close working relationships with Early Response Team, Home Safe and Community Health Services.
The post holder will be required to undertake Community Care Assessments and to devise care plans, which address needs in line with the Fair Access to Care criteria, taking into account individual service user choice, physical, emotional, psychological and environmental circumstances.
· In line with the new transformation agenda, to carry out assessments and offer Personal Budgets, seeking guidance from Line Manager as appropriate.
· To manage and plan such work in an effective way as to allow the required monitoring and review of services delivered.
· To have continued responsibility for the management of own caseload, seeking guidance from Line Manager as appropriate.
· To undertake Carers’ Assessments as part of the care management process.
· To carry out Risk Assessment as part of the care management process.
· To participate in the Duty System, taking and processing information and acting on them under supervision as required.
· To assist in educational programmes for students, e.g. Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and newly appointed staff from other disciplines.
· To participate in discharge planning and care planning meetings.
· To ensure all written and electronic records are maintained to organisational standards.
· To provide written reports, outcomes of assessments and recommendations.
· To advocate on behalf of service users.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £22,183 - £24,491 (FTE)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- The successful candidates will receive regular supervision and personal development opportunities
· NVQ 3 in social care or equivalent
· Experience of Working with adults in a social care setting
· Knowledge of legislation relevant to mental health and adult social care
· Knowledge of and experience in Mental illness, Learning Disability and physical conditions in adults and older people
· Due to the nature of this role, it is an essential requirement of the role that the post holder has a valid driving license and is either a car owner and able to use the car for work purposes
For more details please find a copy of the job description/person specification see attached.
Closing date for applications is midnight on 22nd September 2021.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Giles Budd: email@example.com for an informal discussion.
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org.