Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Children Service
At Northumberland County Council we are proud of our employees, who are passionate and committed to improving outcomes for our children and young people, ensuring that they feel safe, healthy, happy and ready to learn and achieve.
Could you be the right person to help us to develop a brighter future for our children and
young people as we further develop our service to Unaccommpanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC).
If so, a new and exicting opportuinty has arisen within the Accommodation service to recruit a permanent Social Worker, who will have case responsibility for our Unaccommpanied Asylum Seeking Young people (UASC) aged 16+ and homeless 16/17 year olds, who are in need of accommodation and support.
As part of this role, we are ideally looking for an enthusiatic, creative and resilient person to joint the team, who is keen to work with the service to develop this role and to be part of a smaller team that offers targeted support to young people in need.
Experience of working with UASC young people, awareness of external services for UASC young people and the ability to complete age assessments as well as an understanding around the needs of homeless young people, would be beneficial for this post.
You will be part of a creative, enthusiastic and dynamic service that is co-located with our 14+ Service, Youth Justice Service, Youth Service and SORTED Substance Misuse Service.
With a recent Ofsted rating of Good, we are proud to have created an environment where social workers can achieve the outcomes they came into the profession to do. As a service we adopt a holistic and multi-agency approach. We have positive relationships with teams across the service and with our external colleagues which allows for effective and well considered interventions that meet young people’s needs promptly and sensitively. As a Service, we will also provide you with excellent support and supervision together with genuine opportunities for personal development.
In Northumberland we:
· have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety’ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with
· support career pathways for social workers wishing to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests
· will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children
As a Service we can also offer:
· A modern and flexible working environment for our staff within a central location, agile working through the use of Office 365 and apps; which enables collaborative and streamlined working, strong and visible leadership from Snr Management and the autonomy to do your job
· A competitive salary
· An annual leave entitlement of up to 30 days
· Relocation Expenses
· Essential Car user Allowance or Access to a Car Leasing Scheme
· Salary Sacrifice Schemes, including a scheme for booking holidays abroad
· Staff benefits Scheme
For further information, please contact Ginny Younger, Accommodation Lead via telephone number 07966 333199 or via email: email@example.com