Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£20,903 - £22,183 per annum
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of the Planning Policy, Economic Strategy and Environment Team.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about climate change to work alongside our Sustainability and Climate Change Lead Officer.
You will support the Lead Officer to deliver the Council’s commitments to reducing its carbon footprint and improving resilience to climate change.
This is a new role that will assist with monitoring and management of our climate change action plan and will work with colleagues across the Council on deliver carbon savings.
If you have good experience with analysing and interpreting data, are a good project communicator and can work well across teams and organisations then we would like to hear from you.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion, please contact Margaret Enstone on 01325 406229.