PE and School Sport Support Officer (Deputy SGO)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/07/2021 12:00
Grade N4 £19,312 - £ 20,493 (£15,218 - £16,149 Actual)
Schools - Support
Benfield Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 4NU
PE and School Sport Support Officer (Deputy SGO)?
Steptember 2021 – 31st July 2022
35 Hours per week
Grade N4 £19,312 - £ 20,493
(£15,218 - £16,149 Actual)
Required September 2021
Newcastle PE and School Sport Service is based at Benfield School in the east of Newcastle upon Tyne and is part of NEAT Academy Trust, a family of six primary and secondary schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
Our service covers the whole of Newcastle upon Tyne engaging with and delivering a variety of programmes and services to First, Primary, Middle and High Schools. We provide high quality PE and sporting opportunities to children and young people in order to raise participation that will ultimately encourage and motivate them to lead Healthy Active Lifestyles.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate PE and School Sport Support Officer (Deputy School Games Organiser.) The successful candidate will focus on supporting the national infrastructure of the government led School Games programme and have a passion for delivering PE, including Sport specific formats?and extra-curricular activities. We are looking for someone to drive participation across the school network, provide competitive opportunities and develop community sport club links.
We are looking for a PE and School Sport Service Support Officer (Deputy SGO) who can inspire and who:
• Has a NGB Level 2 Coaching Qualification.
• Experience planning, delivering and evaluating activity sessions for young people.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide feedback to children, teachers and parents.
• Self-motivated, energetic and hard-working.
In return we offer:
• A supportive, collaborative environment.
• Mentoring from an experienced leadership team who are passionate about getting children physically active.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive in a collegiate and positive atmosphere, then please read the accompanying person specification and job description and return a completed application form, criminal records declaration form and equalities monitoring form by e-mail to PEServices@benfield.newcastle.sch.uk no later than 12 noon 23rd July 2021.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job is closed for applications.