Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Band 9 £24,982 - £27,041pa
Arts / Tourism
Sir William Gray House
Hartlepool Cultural Services has reached an exciting point in its development in its 100th year. An exciting vacancy now exists for an experienced, outgoing Art Gallery Curator to help take Hartlepool Art Gallery in a new and exciting direction and to develop new exhibitions by working with artists. The successful post-holder will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the development of the Hartlepool Art Gallery and the fine art collections held at Sir William Gray House.
• Working with artists to develop an exciting new programme for the Art Gallery including the hanging of shows.
• Helping to develop exciting new learning and access initiatives to make the Art Gallery and collections fully accessible to current and potential audiences alike.
• Assisting the Museum & Gallery Manager to undertake the refurbishment of Hartlepool Art Gallery.
• Managing volunteers who access the art collections by developing exciting new programmes.
• Working in partnership with local arts organisations, providing curatorial advice in terms of the art collections.
Educated to degree level, an excellent people person and with experience across a range of curatorial and exhibition areas, you will need to demonstrate effective organisational and communication skills and awareness of current museum and gallery issues. Self-motivated and enthusiastic you will have a proven track record in the delivery of successful museum and gallery projects and in communicating to a wide public.
For an informal discussion please contact Georgina Ascroft, Museum and Gallery Manager on 01429 284278, firstname.lastname@example.org, or David Worthington, Head of Culture, on 07813261301, email@example.com .
Closing date for receipt of application: 30th July 2021