Team Leader (Fleet Services)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Band 12 £34,728 - £37,890 pa
Manual / Trades / Transport
Tofts Farm Industrial Estate, Hartlepool
Hartlepool is a vibrant and energetic town with growing prospects. As an authority we want to make Hartlepool the best it possibly can be and want dedicated, driven and committed staff to help us achieve that.
If you are an experienced vehicle operator licence transport manager CPC qualified in Road Haulage and Passenger Transport this is an ideal opportunity to join our team.
We are seeking a Team Leader Fleet Services based at our Tofts Farm Depot in Hartlepool to lead and manage our:
Modern Vehicle Maintenance Facility including:
- HGV, trailer and PSV equipped maintenance and servicing facilities
- Authorised Testing Facility HGV’s and PSV’s.
- Taxi inspection, MOT services.
- Vehicle Hire service.
- Vehicle wash and inspection preparation facilities.
- Fuel bay and vehicle fuel management service.
- Metal Fabrication service.
Team including Fleet Operations Officer, two Senior Fitters, deputy Senior Fitter, nine Fitters, two apprentice Fitters, and Stores and Metal Fabrication staff.
Vehicle procurement and replacement programme.
Vehicle Service Level Agreements with the individual council services encompassing a diverse specialist fleet which includes: Waste Management, Passenger Transport Services, Highways, Street Cleansing and Grounds Maintenance, Construction and Building Services
The job requirements
This is a permanent post with the expectation that over the next two years the successful candidate will be central to:
- Implementing technology developments, upskilling and continuous professional development within fleet maintenance services.
- Attainment and maintenance of HBC in DVSA Earned Recognition Operator Scheme.
- Strategic planning and transitioning of HBC fleet to meet developing transport and environmental requirements.
We would welcome applications from candidates with experience in bringing forward these types of project.
For more information regarding this post please contact Chris Wenlock on 01429 523538.
Closing date: Friday 20th August 2021