Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/08/2021 12:00
£27,557 - £29,171 per annum
Catering / Cleaning
At North East Learning Trust our ambition is to continually improve the experiences and outcomes for all the 7000 children across our ten schools. We look to achieve this by supporting each school we sponsor on a journey towards becoming outstanding both in the view of Ofsted and as judged by performance outcomes, enrichment opportunities and the day-to-day experiences of students as learners and of staff as our employees.
Our trust has grown consistently since being established in 2011 and we plan to expand our central support team to strengthen our partnerships and reach to include more schools.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and inspirational Catering Manager to lead our dedicated catering teams across the Trust. The Catering Manager post is a new role that will be pivotal in the future development of catering services across our Trust including the exciting introduction of Bistro provision for Sixth forms and staff.
The role will be both strategic and operational, working Trust wide with school catering teams and the Trust’s Central Support team to develop the catering provision across all schools. The aim is to deliver healthy, high quality, nutritional meals in line with food standards, whilst providing excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Trust’s Director of HR, the post holder will have overall responsibility for ensuring the Trust’s quality of dining is outstanding, improving the dining experience for staff and students, whilst managing and developing a high functioning catering team.
Whilst the post will be based in Ashington Academy, where a new dining room and sixth form Bistro are due to open in September, you will be required to travel to all schools within the Trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working in catering industry.
• Have experience in managing remote and multi-location teams.
• Have experience in leading and managing a team within a catering setting.
• Have enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of an excellent service.
• Be able to work flexibly and respond to the changing demands across the Trust.
• Be able to build effective relationships across all Teams.
• Be able to travel across all Trust sites.
We can offer:
• Excellent working environment and ethos.
• National Terms and Conditions of Employment (NJC Green Book).
• Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Employee Assistance Programme providing free confidential advice and counselling service 24/7 365 days per year.
Closing Date: 2nd August 2021 (12 noon)
Interviews will take place in August; please could you include in your letter of application
any dates that you would not be available due to summer holiday arrangements.
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from the website.
Letters of application should be no more than one side of A4 and should be returned with application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Shaw HR Manager at Traynor House, Traynor Way, Whitehouse Business Park, Peterlee. SR8 2RU
For an informal discussion or further information, please contact Deb Piggett, Director of HR on 07484 087478.
This job is closed for applications.