Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,933 - £19,698 per annum
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
North East Learning Trust and Diamond Hall Junior Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Caretaker. The successful candidate will work in a team to maintain our school site and provide a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
You will support the cleaning and maintenance of the school site, duties will include, routine testing, maintenance, ordering necessary supplies and stocks, handyperson activities, opening and securing the school as appropriate.
Our vision is simple and is shared by all schools across the North East Learning
Trust family. It is that every child experience excellence every day.
Our primary aim is for each young person to be both courageous and caring, resilient and determined as they strive for excellence.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a hands-on individual
• Have some understanding of the needs of a school.
• Practical knowledge of basic maintenance tasks.
• The ability to undertake moving and handling of physical objects.
• Be flexible in their approach and work well as part of the team.
• Have ideas and a good sense of humour.
We are committed to:
• A vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging children.
• A positive and caring ethos.
• An excellent learning environment and resources.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
We can offer:
• Opportunity to undertake a professional qualification in Facilities Management.
• National Terms and Conditions of Employment (NJC Green Book)
• Local Government Pension Scheme.
• 31 days annual leave entitlement, plus public holidays.
• An opportunity to negotiate the number of working weeks in the year.
• Employee Assistance Programme providing free confidential advice and counselling service 24/7 365 days per year.
Closing date: 3rd September 2021
Shortlisting will take place week commencing 6th September 2021
Interviews will take place week on 16th September 2021
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from the website.
Letters of application should be no more than one side of A4 and should be returned with application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Beverley Ramage, Primary Support Services Manager, Diamond Hall Junior Academy, Well Street, Sunderland, SR4 6JF