Lunchtime Supervisor - Southwick Community Primary School
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/07/2021 12:00
Schools - Support
Southwick Community Primary School
Position: Lunch Supervisor
School: Southwick Community Primary School
Address: Shakespeare Street, Southwick, SR5 2JX
Tel: (0191) 5009554
Report to: Community Manager
Salary: Grade 1
Term time only- 7.5 hours per week
To work with staff to ensure that the lunchtime runs efficiently and smoothly. To supervise children, making their safety and security the main priority, in the dining room and elsewhere around the school where necessary. The post holder will deal with children politely and positively, and undertake cleaning duties in the dining room as directed by the Community Manager.
1. Supervise children in the area in which they eat their lunch.
2. Assist and supervise the clearing away and tidying of the eating area.
3. Supervise children after lunch, either inside or outside of the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the children within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy.
4. Ensure reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised.
5. Attend to accidents which may occur during lunch time in accordance with the school procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment, reporting any accidents to the duty leader.
6. Other associated duties or variations of the above tasks as specified by their line manager.
• To strictly observe the principles of confidentiality and Data Protection.
• Be aware of the responsibility for personal health, safety and welfare and that of others who may be affected by your actions or inactions.
• Support the School’s implementation of all other current statutory requirements, e.g. Equality Act, Equal Opportunities, Child Protection.
• Participate in new initiatives and future changes in service delivery improvements to support the objectives of the School.
• The post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties to the level of the post, which may be required by the line manager.
• To fulfil personal requirements, where appropriate, with regard to School policies and procedures, health, safety and welfare, emergency, evacuation and security.
• To have responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children.
• The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment, to work positively and inclusively with colleagues and stakeholders so that the School provides a workplace and delivers a service that does not discriminate against people on the ground of their age, sexuality, religion or belief, race, gender or disability.
As a School we can offer you:
• Wonderful and caring children who are welcoming to everyone.
• A committed and dedicated staff that are driven to raising standards.
• A very supportive working environment.
• A school that has excellent links with its local community and puts children at the heart of everything.
The post holder must:
• Act in compliance with the data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the council.
• Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to management of Council records and information.
• Carry out their duties with full regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and all other Council policies.
• Comply with the Council’s Health and safety rules and regulations and Health and Safety Legislation.
To perform such other lunchtime duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
Visits to school are by appointment only and should be arranged through the school office.
Please submit application form stating your experiences and suitability for the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 30.7.21 12pm
Interview dates to be arranged: w/c 2.8.21
This job is closed for applications.