Cleaner - Southwick Community Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Southwick Community Primary School
(12 hours per week-All Year Round)
School: Southwick Community Primary School
Address: Shakespeare Street, Southwick, SR5 2JX
Tel: 0191 5009554
Head teacher: Mr Christian Robson
Salary: Grade 1- post to commence 1st September 2021
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic cleaner to join our strong and very supportive team.
We are looking for a practitioner who:
• Is able to manage time effectively
• Is able to work both alone and in a team
• Has an awareness of health and safety procedures
• Has high expectations of themselves
• Is an excellent team player.
• Is able to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations.
• Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
• Cleaning the school site
• Vacuuming carpeted areas and washing floors
• Sweeping uncarpeted areas
• Emptying and cleaning bins
• Spot cleaning of spillages
• Cleaning desks, seats, sills and skirting boards
• Cleaning toilet areas and replenishing toiletries
• Cleaning doors and windows
• Checking stock levels of cleaning materials
• Reporting all defects/hazards immediately to the caretaker or supervisor
As a School we can offer you:
• A committed and dedicated staff that are driven to raising standards.
• A very supportive working environment.
The post holder must:
• Act in compliance with the data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the council.
• Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to management of Council records and information.
• Carry out their duties with full regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and all other Council policies.
• Comply with the Council’s Health and safety rules and regulations and Health and Safety Legislation.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms will be available on the school web site: www.southwickprimary.co.uk or by sending a large stamped addressed envelope to the School Office. (Please ensure the correct postage is used)
Completed forms should be returned to the Head teacher
Closing Date: 30.7.21 12pm
Interview dates to be arranged: w/c 2.8.21