Building Control Surveyor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/08/2021 23:59
Band 11 £35,745 to £38,890
Planning / Building Control
Town Hall Darlington
In the North East of England and part of the wider Tees Valley region, Darlington is a market town that marries a rich industrial heritage with a modern, vibrant, and growing economy. Benefitting from superb transport connectivity, Darlington is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live and work, a proud and innovative town.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Building Control Surveyor within our Building Control team. The types of Building Regulation applications received is varied and the role includes plan checking, site inspection, enforcement, dangerous structures, assisting with the administration of the Safety at Sports Grounds Act and advising the councils Public Events Safety Advisory Group.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dave Curry, Building Control Manager, on 01325 406215
This job is closed for applications.