Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£ UPS1 - UPS3 Plus TLR commensurate with skills and experience
Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDco)
Tudhoe Learning Trust
UPS1-UPS3 Plus TLR commensurate with skills and experience
An exciting opportunity exists within our Trust for a qualified and experienced Teacher who is passionate about equality of opportunity and the inclusion of all pupils in learning to join our team from 1st November 2021. The successful candidate will work holistically with care, therapy and designated Trust Schools to ensure all children are able to access learning and hold or be prepared to achieve the recognised SENDco qualification. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual with suitable experience who will be able to:
• Travel to and work in 3 of our schools that are based at different locations in Durham.
• Ensure the inclusion of all pupils in learning and oversee the general management of SEND within three specific schools.
• Work closely with colleagues, third parties to the Trust and other professionals.
• Prepare and communicate relevant reports and paperwork.
• Work with care, families, education and therapy departments to ensure the best outcomes for pupils.
• Support the Chief Executive Officer with development and delivery of Trust policies.
• Oversee programmes of study in designated schools, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
• Manage the admissions process of prospective pupils in collaboration with the appropriate Local Authority.
• Be the first point of contact within the 3 schools for all SEND matters
• Assist with the preparation of appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
• Ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
• Promote equality and celebrate diversity as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
• Prepare for accreditation visits by external organisations (e.g. ISI, ISA etc.).
The closing date for applications is noon on 3rd September 2021
Due to the disruption from the COVID-19 pandemic, it is likely that the selection process will be based upon how well the application meets the job description/personal specification, a presentation and a structured panel interview.
Social distancing will be practiced throughout the selection process.
Interviews will take place on 17th September 2021
For more information about the role, please contact Mr Jim Smith, Chief Executive Officer, on 01388 814 399
Applications will only be considered on a Trust application form. An application pack for the post is available via the link on this website and must be returned to, firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the closing date.
Tudhoe Learning Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of and safeguarding all children in all our schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references and you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS certificate. The cost of this certificate will be met by the Trust.