Social Worker - Hospital Social Work Team (Maternity Cover)
Please See Advert Text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/08/2021 12:00
£29,577 - £31,346 per annum
Social Care - Adult Service
James Cook University Hospital
The Adults & Communities Directorate, consists of four strands, Adult Social Care, Community Development, Public Health and Environment. Our aims are to continue to provide essential and highly valued services and to build capacity to enable local communities to make lasting change, improve quality of life, and prosperity. As a directorate we lead on developing a culture of co-operation and co production, respecting and nurturing the skills and talents of local people and enabling them to fulfil their potential.
We are looking for competent, professional, and enthusiastic social workers, preferably with experience of working in Adult Social Care.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and forward-thinking Adult Social Care service. This role is for the hospital Social Work team, which operates a 7 day service and therefore there will be a requirement to cover weekends on a rota basis.
We are dedicated to ensuring we deliver the best service to those who need our help. Our workforce is our greatest asset, and we provide excellent management support and high-quality training. We have flexible working arrangements to ensure our staff have a good work-life balance; and if you are interested in progression, we have a genuine career path for you.
If you are highly motivated and committed to improving the lives of adults with care and support needs and their carers in Redcar and Cleveland, then we would like to hear from you.
Applicants will need:
• a formal qualification in social work
• registration with Social Work England
• the ability to produce high-quality assessments and written reports
• a working knowledge of relevant legislation relating to adult social work
• strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• the ability to work within a team.
The following attributes are desirable:
• Experience working within a adult social care social work setting
• Best Interest Assessor and/or a Practice Educator Qualification
• We provide regular professional supervision and implement a workload management system.
• We have a robust training unit, which includes opportunities for structured career progression.
• You will receive a generous annual leave entitlement of up to 33 days.
Previous applicants need not apply
For an informal discussion about this position please contact the Service Manager Paula Hewitson on 01642 771732 or Team Manager Richard Morrison on 01642 771217.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.
This job is closed for applications.