Please See Advert Text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/07/2021 23:59
Grade 6 - Grade 8 (SCP 22-35) £27,041 - £38,890
Essential Car User
Social Care - Adult Service
Flexible and agile working arrangements apply
As a result of expansion and restructure of our service, we are pleased to offer a number of permanent and fixed term posts within Adult Social Care. We are looking for highly motivated, qualified, social workers to become a part of a service which is committed to working with customers and carers in a person-centred way, using a strengths based approach. Exciting opportunities are available across our service, to work with a range of adults from young people in transition to older people with physical and mental health needs. There are also opportunities to work with people with a Learning Disability, also within our hospital social work pathways. Applications are invited from both experienced and newly qualified social workers who are motivated and committed to the role and proud of the profession.
The duties of the post include:-
• Undertaking assessments, care and support planning and reviews.
• Multi agency work and close partnership work with Customers, Carers and other professionals.
Successful candidates will have-
• Excellent communication and social care assessment skills, plus a solid understanding of the relevant statutory frameworks including The Care Act..
• Ability to evidence and demonstrate best practice.
• Ability to work as an individual and within a busy social work team
• Ability to meet targets and deadlines, including Data Quality.
• The desire and motivation to work closely with health partners and other professionals.
• Social Work qualification and be registered with SW England.
• The ability to work a flexible work pattern if required to meet changing demands.
The following are desirable
• working knowledge of Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act.
• experience of community DOLS
• understanding of the Transforming Care agenda.
• AMHP qualification desirable but not essential.
Sunderland City Council is committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information or discussion, please contact Marc Nolan Team Manager 07768636824
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil. For further assistance contact Operational HR Services by email: email@example.com
Please note that CVs are not acceptable.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted.
This job is closed for applications.