Pastoral Managers (2 posts) - Huntcliff School
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£21,917 - £23,783 actual salary range
Schools - Support
Huntcliff School - Saltburn Learning Campus
Grade I (Points 19 - 22) £21,917 - £23,783 actual salary range
37 hours a week, term time plus 5 staff development days
To start 1st September 2021 or at earliest opportunity
Huntcliff School is a popular school sharing a site with Saltburn Primary School on a joint learning campus. We wish to appoint 2 suitably qualified Pastoral Managers.
The Pastoral Managers are part of a team of 4 who are critical in supporting the behaviour and learning of our students from before they arrive with us in Year 6 until they are successfully into education and/or training into Year 12 and 13. Developing relationships with parents/carers and most importantly the students and being driven by high expectations of attitudes, behaviour and aspirations are key. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing behaviour on a daily basis and liaising with a range of professionals to intervene and support effective strategies to improve a student’s ability to thrive in our school and beyond. You will have the knowledge and skills to support students with a variety of specific and emotional needs and would be expected to have full involvement with the wider aspects of school life and the local community.
The successful candidates must have where possible:
• Experience of working in an educational provision and ideally relevant qualifications.
• A calm, understanding and friendly personality.
• A professional, nurturing and resilient approach.
• Commitment and dependability within the workplace with ability to use your own initiative.
• The confidence to address conflict and challenging behaviour, once trained.
• The willingness to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team, providing day to day support to the children and assisting with student behaviour as and if required in a supportive manner.
• The ability to establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs.
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere.
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve.
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team.
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents.
• Opportunities for career development.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with collaborative schools that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
For further information about the role or to download an application form, please email email@example.com or visit www.saltburnlearningcampus.co.uk and send your completed application to: Mrs K Emmerson via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 30th July 2021, 9:00am
Interview date: w/c 9th August 2021