4357 Employee Services Assistants
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/07/2021 23:59
HR / Training
Any location within North Tyneside
EQUANS (formerly known as ENGIE) are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated Employee Services Assistants (up to 3 roles) with great attention to detail to join our team supporting North Tyneside Council in North Tyneside, NE27 0BY on a full time permanent basis.
If you’re the type of person who is logical, confident in their approach and loves to be a part of a team who support each other - this could be the role for you!
What is your day to day?
The main purpose of this role is to provide high quality, guidance, information and support to our customers in relation to all transactional aspects of payroll, human resources administration (hr), recruitment and safeguarding and employee matters.
You will also ensure that the information held on the Business Management System (BMS) is both accurate and appropriately recorded in accordance with legislation and Council requirements.
• Processing New Starters ensuring all paperwork and pre-employment checks (DBS, Immigration, references and medical) are in order.
• Tax Code changes and checks.
• Administration for pension scheme changes and enquiries with regards to Teachers, LGPS and NHS pension scheme.
• Support the improvements of systems and processes where appropriate.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
• Ability to deal with sensitive enquiries.
• Demonstrate and maintain high standards of customer care.
• Ability to input, extract and interpret information from manual and computerised information sources.
• Minimum of 4 GCSE at grade C or above including Maths and English, or the equivalent, and / or relevant experience.
• Background in giving help, advice and information to customers.
• Flexibility to work across different sites.
• Knowledge of Council Policies and Procedures.
• Knowledge of Pay and Conditions for the following:
• APT&C, Teachers, NHS staff.
• Knowledge of Statutory Sick Pay, Maternity Pay, Adoption Pay & Shared Parental Leave.
• Knowledge of Pension Scheme administration in respect of LGPS Scheme, Teachers Pension Scheme, NHS Pensions Scheme.
• CIPP Certificate in Payroll Administration.
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you would have the opportunity to develop your career and add real value from the outset. Also, on offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Who are we?
EQUANS provides market-leading products and support to our energy and services customers to optimise the use of buildings and drive down energy costs, contributing to EQUANS’s wider ambition of helping society and businesses to Make Zero Carbon Happen.
EQUANS employs 17,000 people in the UK and over 160,000 worldwide, achieving revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018
EQUAN Benefits Include:
Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
Employee personal & professional development profile
Personal and career development pathways supported by EQUANS Academy
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to apply! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about EQUANS, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. EQUANS do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. EQUANS has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request.
A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-code-of-practice.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
This job is closed for applications.