Care Co-ordinator (Level 1) - Recovery College
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£20,092 to £21,748
Social Care - Adult Service
Sunderland Care and Support is one of the largest providers of social care services within the North East delivering a range of service on behalf of Sunderland City Council. We provide person centred innovate services that improve the lives of the people we serve.
Our mission is to provide customers with the care and support they need to live happy, healthy and successful lives.
We value all our staff and believe investing in them through training and development forms the foundation to deliver excellence in care. A job with us not only makes a difference to our customers lives but can also be lifechanging for you.
The purpose of the role is to; -
• Provide and promote person-centred support to Students including people who have a range of mental health needs, learning and physical disabilities.
• The purpose of this role is to enrol students into the College to work alongside them to develop their individual learning plans and choose the course the student identifies. To support the enrolment process with information, advice and guidance about progression through and on to next steps.
• The post holder will co-produce, co-facilitate and support the range of recovery focused learning opportunities provided by the service for all students attending the College.
• The post holder will uphold the recovery focused culture and philosophy of the college in all interactions and tasks with students, the college team, external partners, family, friends, members of the public and visitors to the college.
• Work effectively as part of a team, undertaking tasks to support and enable people to achieve their maximum level of independence through appropriate physical, emotional and psychological support including signposting, basic health needs, practical tasks, appropriate communication and community involvement.
The post holder will:
• Commit to the vision, core values and objectives of Sunderland Recovery College
• This role requires a Peer Worker who is able to work as a member of a team and on their own initiative. It is essential to be recovery focused, friendly and approachable and able to support the college deliver all aspects of the learning opportunities, learning support and student welfare the college provides. The role demands dedication, commitment, flexibility, loyalty, compassion, and confidentiality.
• To assist in the provision of a high specification of cleaning in line with service standards
• To be responsible for Health and Safety of themselves and others.
• Under General Supervision carry out general cleaning duties in all relevant areas
• Ensure tools and equipment are used safely, correct settings maintained, and faults recorded and reported.
• Responsible for the care, safety and cleanliness of equipment used: and for the safe use and storage of cleaning materials.
• Ensures that any designated cleaning storerooms and chemical store rooms (or cupboards) are kept clean and tidy at all times.
Application forms should be submitted by email to recruitment.SCAS@sunderlandcareandsupport.co.uk or via post to The Recruitment Team, Sunderland Care and Support, Leechmere Centre, Carrmere Road, Sunderland, SR2 9TQ.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you provide on your application form. We will contact shortlisted candidates by email to confirm the arrangements for interview and an online assessment. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notification as you will not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk/spam folder.
Due to the current restrictions as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, interviews will be via Microsoft Teams. If you are successful following the recruitment process any appointment will be subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note CVs or covering letters will not be accepted.