Industry Placement Officer (Childcare)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£15,978.93 - £17,827.27 per annum (TTO salary)
Post Ref: 6519. Part Time, 30 hours per week. Term Time Only (38 Weeks). £15,978.93 - £17,827.27 per annum (TTO salary)
Attractive benefits for this post include the opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
If you are enthusiastic, forward thinking and enjoy working a fast-paced environment then this role could be perfect for you. Working within the curriculum area of Health and Care you will find yourself part of an ambitious childcare team.
The successful candidate would join a dynamic and innovative organisation who work closely with a wide range of local employers to enable learners to develop both academic and practical work skills in preparation for employment or higher education. Our vision is excellence and our students are at the heart of everything we do.
Applicants should have experience of employer engagement and relevant industrial experience to assist in the development, monitoring and operation of the childcare placement programme
The job role will involve:
• Arranging appropriate placements for learners in line with awarding body stipulations.
• Carrying out assessments, particularly regarding competency on students as a requirement of the awarding organisation
• Liaising with students, staff and placement supervisors to arrange assessment visits.
• Arranging meetings both in college and placement to discuss placement issues.
• Supporting learners in the classroom to develop key skills, knowledge and behaviours to enable to be successful in placement
• Communicating effectively with placements and the wider team to ensure students are supported to achieve
Applicants should be able to demonstrate, in their personal statement, practical examples of how they fulfil the person specification.
Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
To find out more about this great opportunity please visit https://vacancies.educationpartnershipne.ac.uk/ and select the job description and person specification within the Information section.
Please note we will only accept EPNE application forms.
All applications must be received by 12 midnight on 6th August 2021
It is anticipated that interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 16th August 2021
We are working towards equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to PREVENT and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.