Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Greenfield Community College
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Required from September 2021
32.5 hours per week
Purpose of role:
To supervise classes of students in the absence of a teacher and ensure continuity of education.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervision of classes of students.
• To maintain a safe and caring environment and appropriate behaviour.
• To provide a range of appropriate activities to engage students.
• To ensure an understanding of the work to be covered and administration details for giving out and collecting books and setting homework.
• Ensure that work set by teachers is clearly explained to pupils and completed to the best of their ability.
• Initiate and sustain an appropriate working atmosphere within the classroom.
• Invigilation of examinations.
• Accompany school parties on educational visits.
• Cover reprographics when other staff absent or need assistance.
• Provide appropriate help throughout the day, including break and lunchtime monitoring and pre- and post school activities as necessary.
• To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development
• Role requires working with a team
• Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
• The Post holder may undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
• The post holder has common duties and responsibilities in the areas of:-
Quality Assurance, Communication, Professional Practice, Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity, Confidentiality and Induction
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only pay
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive
31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
This post is not open to job share. Applications should be returned to the school.
Closing date: 4th August 2021
Interview date: 13th August 2021
Greenfield Community College
Tel: 01325 300378