Part Time Administration Assistant
Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/09/2021 09:00
£18,562 - £18,933 pro rata
Schools - Support
Villa Real School
Part Time Administration Assistant
Grade 2 £18,562 - £18,933 pro rata
Required from October 2021
20 hours per week
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic Administration Assistant.
The candidate should have good numeracy, financial and literacy skills, with a good level of verbal and written communication skills. 4 GCSEs (A-C) including Maths and English or equivalent, use of SIMS, FMS and school office experience would be beneficial.
Appropriate training in the use of ICT packages including Microsoft office and knowledge and use of basic technology – telephone system, computer, fax machine, franking machine & photocopier. The ability to meet deadlines and excellent organisation skills to assist the smooth operation of the administration function within the school office.
Working hours are as follows: 12:15 – 4:15 Mon – Fri
The key duties of the post are set out below:
• Responsible for providing general clerical support including photocopying, typing, word processing and the sorting, distribution and despatch of school mail, to all levels of teaching and administrative staff as required.
• Provide support and cover for main reception and student reception.
• Provide information relating to attendance of pupils and staff upon request by other members of staff.
• Assist in the maintenance of computer based records using SIMS to ensure that these are all kept current and up to date.
• Assist in the preparation and collation of school reports to ensure these are delivered to pupils on time and in professional manner.
• Assist in the co-ordination of whole school documentation e.g. Governor’s reports, staff handbook, etc.
• Assist in the maintenance of stock registers for the school and arrange annual stock checks.
• Responsible for the initiation of First Day Calls – contacting the parents/guardians of pupils that have an unauthorised absence from school during the morning of their first day of absence.
• Inform parents/carers of pupils reported ill whilst on school premises.
• Responsible for the collection of money from pupils in relation to school visits etc. and to facilitate the banking of monies received.
• To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development.
• Role requires working with a team.
• Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
• Provide pastoral care and support to sick and injured children taking appropriate action as necessary ensuring parents and school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents.
• Maintain accident records as required.
• The post holder may undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
• The post holder has common duties and responsibilities in the areas of:-
Quality Assurance, Communication, Professional Practice, Health & Safety, General Management (where applicable), Financial Management (where applicable), Appraisal, Equality & Diversity, Confidentiality and Induction
• To maintain the school website, database administration and occasional staff training.
• To work logically and methodically to set deadlines.
• To maintain accurate manual and electronic records relating to all work carried out and produce relevant documentation where appropriate.
• To support the School Business Manager with financial tasks appropriate to the grade such as ordering and signing in of resources.
• To support with input of Health & Safety forms.
• To carry out duties relevant to the post. Variation, in consultation with the post holder, may also occur without changing the general character of the post.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required
Calculation of term time only pay
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Villa Real is a school for children with severe, profound multiple leaning difficulties, autism and challenging behaviour.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Closing date: 20th September 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Week commencing 27th September 2021
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road
Tel: 01207 503651
This job is closed for applications.