Care Manager 1 - Eddie Ferguson House
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/09/2021 23:59
Social Care - Adult Service
Foundry House Day Centre
Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland, if you are dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic then we want to hear from you.
Who is NCC?
World renowned as a visitor destination, Northumberland is also the ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. What better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than to sample it on an everyday basis?
Our Vision is: “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, and in which you can access the things you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive"
We have an exciting opportunity for a fixed term, full-time Care Manager 1 to be based at Eddie Ferguson House. This post will be fixed term for 10 months to provide maternity cover.
The post will work alongside adults who have a physical disability or illness, mental health and learning disability. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced team with enthusiastic and experienced care managers. The team has close working relationships with Early Response Team, Home Safe and Community Health Services.
The post holder will be required to undertake Community Care Assessments and to devise care plans, which address needs in line with the Fair Access to Care criteria, taking into account individual service user choice, physical, emotional, psychological and environmental circumstances.
· In line with the new transformation agenda, to carry out assessments and offer Personal Budgets, seeking guidance from Line Manager as appropriate.
· To manage and plan such work in an effective way as to allow the required monitoring and review of services delivered.
· To have continued responsibility for the management of own caseload, seeking guidance from Line Manager as appropriate.
· To undertake Carers’ Assessments as part of the care management process.
· To carry out Risk Assessment as part of the care management process.
· To participate in the Duty System, taking and processing information and acting on them under supervision as required.
· To assist in educational programmes for students, e.g. Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and newly appointed staff from other disciplines.
· To participate in discharge planning and care planning meetings.
· To ensure all written and electronic records are maintained to organisational standards.
· To provide written reports, outcomes of assessments and recommendations.
· To advocate on behalf of service users.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £22,183 - £24,491
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- The successful candidates will receive regular supervision and personal development opportunities
· NVQ 3 in social care or equivalent
· Experience of Working with adults in a social care setting
· Knowledge of legislation relevant to mental health and adult social care
· Knowledge of and experience in Mental illness, Learning Disability and physical conditions in adults and older people
· Due to the nature of this role, it is an essential requirement of the role that the post holder has a valid driving license and is either a car owner and able to use the car for work purposes
For more details please see the attached job description/person specification
Closing date for applications will be midnight on 19th September 2021.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme please email email@example.com with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored in the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please also let the team know.
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, your application process will be directed to our Taleo system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with Taleo, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.