Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£35,745 - £38,890 per annum
Town Hall, Darlington / Home
We are looking for a talented .Net developer to join our web team to help us get more of our services online.
You will be working within a small team that are responsible for a wide variety of websites and internal applications.
No two projects are the same in either size or complexity. Your project list will vary from complete online self-service systems that are fully integrated into multiple third-party backend applications through to building small campaign websites.
As well as working on our main site you will also be responsible developing and maintaining our theatre, railway museum and tourist information websites amongst many others.
You will be familiar with the .Net Framework and will have good skills in C# and SQL. Experience of building websites against a content management system would be a benefit but not essential as we can provide on the job training in our CMS of choice.
It is envisaged this post will allow you to work from home most of the time if you wish to do so. You may be required to occasionally make on-site visits around Darlington for some meetings.
We can offer a generous holiday allowance, a good work/home balance and flexi time.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
If you are the kind of person who likes solving complex technical issues with elegant, simple to use software you are just the person we’re looking for.
For an informal discussion please contact Chris Smith, Web Manager on 01325 406060.