Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/09/2021 23:59
£42,821 - £46,845
£2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance
Social Care - Children Service
at an agreed team location, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Children & Young People’s Services
Children’s Social Care – Families First
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/21/474
Post title: Team Manager – full time – permanent
Salary: £42,821 - £46,845 Grade 14 plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually).
Job Location: at an agreed team location, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
The following principles guide their work
• Ensuring the child’s journey and their voice remains central
• Providing help at the earliest opportunity
• Supporting and promoting community resilience through the provision of locally delivered services in local communities, which make sense to families
• Delivering evidence-based interventions with a focus on safe escalation and de-escalation of cases
As Team Manager of a Families First team you will:
• Create an environment where social work will flourish, and where your team put children and families at the centre of everything they do
• Support the team to embed Signs of Safety as a model of practice so that:
? The quality of relationships is central to the practice of the team
? The team robustly assess risk
? The work of the team with parents, children and young people is collaborative, timely and intensive, and supports families to find their own solutions
? The team challenge constructively
? The team use strength-based language
? The team are clear about what good looks like for each child
• Lead by example, showing integrity, creativity, resilience and clarity of purpose
• Develop and maintain positive relationships, and be visible and accessible to your team, to children, young people and families, and to other professionals
In Durham, you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, if you want to broaden your experience or move into other levels of management
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support
• A culture, which takes pride in and actively celebrates social work
You can read more about these and other benefits of working in Durham in the attached document.
Removal, lodging and separation expenses may be available to the successful candidate if at the time of application for appointment their place of residence is outside the administrative area of County Durham and in excess of 30 miles in a straight line from their new administrative centre, along with a number of other criteria for eligibility.
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current Social Work England Registration.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Jac Tyler, Strategic Manager on 03000 261155 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 21/09/2021 remotely via Microsoft Teams.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the jobs portal or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team on 03000 264086 / 266148 or via e-mail at PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
This post is restricted to employees of Durham County Council which includes all permanent, temporary, fixed term employees and agency workers from day one of commencing with the Council. Please note in all cases the interview date must be prior to your end date.
Anyone currently listed on the Redeployment Register who is interested in being considered for this vacancy should contact the Alternative Employment Team at AlternativeEmployment@durham.gov.uk.
Permanent employees wishing to undertake a temporary post within the Council, whether this is within their substantive service, or across services, should seek the approval of their Line Manager/Senior Manager to undertake this temporary post with the guarantee to return to their substantive post at the expiry of the temporary post. If the temporary post is reviewed and further extended, agreement must be sought from the employee’s substantive line manager.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.