Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Children Service
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work.
As a high performing Local Authority, we are constantly improving our services for children, young people and their families within Stockton-On-Tees. We currently have vacancies for our Fieldwork teams.
We value our social workers and take on board their day to day experiences. We are always looking at ways we can improve their workload and services to our families in Stockton –on-Tees.
Stockton-On-Tees Borough Council is an organisation where all staff are trusted, supported and valued to make a positive contribution at work. Where we never lose sight of the fact that we are here to serve the people of the borough.
Stockton on Tees is a place where:
•We are valued, trusted and supported.
•We are heard.
•We take responsibility for our own development.
•We work hard
•We are not afraid to try something new
We are looking for social workers who can adapt to Stockton on Tees Culture.
• Being passionate about their role
• Being friendly
• Work hard to achieve
• Have good assessment skills
• Have good organisational skills
• Can manage risk
• Are resilient
• Can travel
In return Stockton- on Tees offer a package of support to help with the demands of the day to day job include:
• Typing pools to reduce demands on Social Work time
• Team Clerk pool to help with any administrative tasks such as filing, booking meetings, assisting with organising travel etc.
• A contracted resource provider to facilitate supervised contacts
• Workload management system to allow for manageable caseloads
• IT access to allow staff to work from home or away from the office. This includes a smart phone and tablet, the council also have a number of touchdown offices across the borough.
• Free on-site office car parking
• Access to onsite Pool cars
• Family Group Conference team
• Family workers
• Inhouse therapists
• Edge of Care service
We offer a range of employee benefits including:
• Flexible and condensed working hours
• Retention initiatives
• Payment of SWE registration
• Free access to Community Care Inform
• Fantastic training opportunities
• Additional annual leave purchase scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme to automatically save on tax and National Insurance
• Free Tees Active Leisure Card giving discounts on leisure activities
• Bus and train discounts
• Car lease scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Competitive salaries
• Local Government pension scheme
• 26 - 31 days holiday (depending on service), plus 8 public bank holidays
• Free physiotherapy and counselling support
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please ensure you refer to the essential and desirable criteria detailed in the Person Specification when completing your application as they are used to select candidates for interview.
This post has been identified as suitable for flexible working which enables the postholder to work 40% of their working time away from the office
We offer an excellent total reward package including a competitive salary, generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement as well as access to a number of additional employee benefits and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Louise Nixon on 01642 526224