Business Development Manager
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/09/2021 12:00
£30,300 - £34,491
Executive / Managerial
North Shields with Home Working
Rise has a vision to create a higher quality of life for communities that need it the most in Northumberland and Tyne & Wear. Our purpose, which sets out how we intend to achieve that vision, is to help our partners to unlock the power of physical activity and collectively effect long-term system change in order to positively impact more lives across our region. We want to enable our partners to see things differently, work smarter, and maximise their results using physical activity.
Our values are the foundation of how we act individually and collectively as the Rise team. We will:
• Catalyse change: we believe that change is possible and we’re ready to lead the exploration;
• Positively disrupt: to challenge the norm and cause radical change through innovation and learning; and
• Collaborate: together we are greater than the sum of our parts. People make the change.
Diversity and Inclusion at Rise:
Rise is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We wish to increase the diversity of our staff and welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from people with disabilities and those from ethnically diverse backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented within our workforce.
We welcome requests for flexible working, including part-time working or job sharing.
We are looking for someone to join our organisation at an exciting time of our development to help us to grow our impact further and improve the quality of life for even more individuals living or working across Northumberland and Tyne & Wear.
The Business Development Manager will lead Rise’s business development activity focussing both on traditional income sources (including grants, contracts and commissioning opportunities) as well as developing new unrestricted income streams.
You will also have responsibility for bringing additional income-generation opportunities for physical activity and related activities into the wider Northumberland and Tyne & Wear system through:
• Sourcing funding for physical activity-related work within the system based on insight and an understanding of priorities and identified local need; and
• Advising, supporting and developing partners within the system, with a focus on our priority areas/groups, to understand where the opportunities for business development are and building their capacity and capability to be able to access such opportunities.
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org using the application form attached. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact David Marrin (Strategic Director, South of Tyne)
on 07791 931922 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 22nd September 2021, 12 noon
Anticipated interview dates: w/c 18th October
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: £30,300 - £34,491 per annum
Please note that appointments are usually made with a salary offer starting at the lower end of the scale.
Annual Leave: 28 days plus public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme: Rise offers a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme to our staff. Employee contributions are from 2%, and Rise contributes 6%.
Probationary Period: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
This job is closed for applications.