Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Children Service
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference to a child or young person in need of care? We urgently need people to care for children of all ages including sibling groups. Some of our children need to be looked after for a few nights, a few weeks and sometimes for years. We want carers who can provide the best possible care for our most vulnerable children and young people. Could this be you?
Whether you are new to fostering, have fostered before and would like to return or would just like to discuss what fostering involves we would love to hear from you.
We are open to applications from all walks of life, but to be eligible you will need to:
• Be aged over 21
• Live within a 20 mile radius of Middlesbrough Local Authority
• Have a separate bedroom
• Be a full-time UK resident or have indefinite leave to remain.
• Be patient, resilient, tolerant and caring
• Provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment in your home
What support do we provide to enable this to happen?
• Your own allocated social worker who will be with you both throughout the assessment and post approval
• Monthly supervision to support you in your role
• Training, support and development through access to the training hub (eLearning), classroom based learning in addition to support groups and consultations
• Access to partnership agencies to give you support and advice in your role
• You will be provided with a weekly competitive allowance of up to £446.44 per week inclusive of the child’s age related allowance
• You will have access to your allocated social worker in addition to a duty worker should support be needed at any time in addition to our Emergency Duty Team
Experienced foster carers who wish to transfer to us could be considered as specialist foster carers, who are part of the Future for Families Hub. With the potential to receive up to £754, which is inclusive of the children’s age related allowance.
If you want to find out more about fostering including long term fostering and caring for siblings visit www.fosteringformiddlesbrough.org.uk or call Middlesbrough Council on 01642 201962.