Middlesbrough Supported Lodgings
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Children Service
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference to a young person in need of support? Due to the success of our service development, we have exciting opportunities to increase the number of Supported Lodgings providers for our young people. Moving into independence is a challenging time for us all, as we negotiate the transition to adulthood, whilst not always quite having the skills to manage our own accommodation independently. The supported lodgings role is to support a young person to gain skills and confidence that will ultimately enable them to move into their own accommodation with the life skills they need. We aim to provide good quality accommodation for young people, aged 16 to 21, requiring that additional support within a family environment. This is a real opportunity to have a positive impact upon a young person at a transformational time in their lives, your support could really make that difference.
Many young people find it difficult to move on to full independence straight away and supported lodging provides a stepping-stone, giving young people the chance to learn how to live independently in the supportive environment of a family home.
The service aims to help young people:
• Feel safe and secure
• Develop the skills necessary for independent living
• Feel they can talk openly and in confidence
• Access support to achieve personal goals
What support do we provide to enable this to happen?
• Your own allocated worker who will be with you both through assessment and post approval
• Monthly supervision to support you in your role
• Training, support and development through access to the training hub (eLearning), classroom based learning in addition to support groups and consultations
• Access to partnership agencies to give you support and advice in your role
• You will be provided with a weekly competitive allowance which at present is £215 to assist in covering the additional costs of supporting our young person
• You will have access to your allocated worker in addition to a duty worker should support be needed at any time in addition to our Emergency Duty Team
• The young person has an allocated social worker or personal advisor to also work alongside you both, in devising, implementing and reviewing the young person’s support plan
Could this be you?
We are looking for people who would like to offer accommodation and support to a young person who has been cared for. We are open to applications from all walks of life, but to be eligible you’ll need to have a spare room available. The time a young person stays within supported lodgings can vary from a few months to several years. Some young people become part of the family, others prefer a bit more independence. Whilst we have particular interest in increasing providers in the Middlesbrough and surrounding areas we do have a number of young people who wish to relocate to other parts of the North East, as such enquiries are welcome from people within a 30 mile radius.
We will be holding a drop in virtual event on (date) if you would like to know more about the role. If you would like to discuss the role in further detail or would like to attend the above you can call Denise Poskett, Supported Lodgings Officer on 01642 354103.