Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/09/2021 23:59
Grade 12 £36,922 - £40,876
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location
Children and Young People's Servies
Children's Social Care - Residential Team
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/21/497
Homes Manager - Full Time - Permanent
Salary: Grade 12 £36,922 - £40,876
We have a fantastic opportunity to welcome you to be part of growing and innovative team. We are expanding our current Children’s Residential offer and will open a cutting-edge service primarily aimed to reduce the number of Looked After Children in Durham.
You will join us at a really exciting time as we expand our residential provision, developing homes which meet the individual needs of young people, and creating teams who are invested in, well supported and skilled in trauma-based approaches to work alongside children and young people with a range of different needs.
You will be integral to the development and delivery of our Residential Short-Break offer, working with existing Durham County Council Services in addition to the wider system to reduce the number of children becoming Looked After. You will play a pivotal role in the development and planning of the service, recruitment and training of the team, delivery of an aspirational and innovative service with a view to ensure continuous improvement and development.
The service will place significant emphasis on supervision and the continuous professional development of the successful post holder and the wider team. We are committed to the development of our employees and offering creative and innovative training opportunities.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts children and young people at the centre of everything they do
• Has high aspirations for children and young people and service delivery
• Have proven leadership and management skills and experience
• Has knowledge and understanding of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and experience of Regulatory inspections including Ofsted and Regulation 44
The essential qualifications for the post are:
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent or have significant experience in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role and commit to attaining the Level 5 Diploma within 1 year of commencing in post
As the largest local authority in the North East, and with a growing number of Children’s Homes this is a great place to work with young people. You will benefit from:
• A contributory career average salary pension scheme, car salary sacrifice scheme, interest-free travel loans and discounted gym membership
• Excellent opportunities for career progression
• A strong professional development offer
• Holidays - 26 days holiday per year, increasing to 31 after five years continuous Local Government service, with an option to purchase up to 10 additional days annual leave per year through our salary sacrifice scheme and up to 13 days flexi leave per year
• Support for family life - Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave, dependent leave for carers
• Support when you need it - for example, physiotherapy, a strong wellbeing offer, confidential telephone counselling and Occupational Health service
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
We encourage you to speak to Darren Bird, Service Manager about the post before submitting your application. Darren can be contacted on 07909 283857 or by e-mail to Darren.Bird@durham.gov.uk
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 27th September 2021.
Please note: this post is not open to job share.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.