DBS1050/21 EHCP (Education Health and Care Plan) Co-ordinator - Southlands School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/09/2021 13:00
£18,889.47 - £20,402.19 pa
Schools - Support
Southlands School, Beach Road, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE30 2QR
The Head Teacher and Governors of Southlands School would like to appoint a self-motivated, organised and friendly person to work in an exciting new role at our secondary special school based in North Shields.
The successful applicant will work with the SENCO to ensure that the EHCP and annual review process is conducted effectively for our students and their families.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills,
• Have excellent IT skills,
• Have some office experience,
• Be hard working, adept at building relationships, enthusiastic and passionate about getting the best outcomes for students.
The EHCP coordinator will take responsibility for :-
• Attending annual reviews/EHCP meetings, chaired by teachers,
• Ensuring that the EHCP and annual review process is conducted effectively across all of our provision, in line with statutory and local requirements.
• Updating paperwork relevant to the annual review/EHCP and working within strict time frames.
• Ensuring that professional reports are completed to a high standard by pastoral teachers.
• Ensuring additional relevant reports from external agencies e.g. CAMHS, Social workers are received to update the EHCP.
• Providing accurate records of meetings and reports.
• Liaising with Connexions and supporting staff, students, parents and carers.
• Ensuring EHCP outcomes are shared with relevant staff to ensure students’ progress is tracked using management information systems.
• Updating internal monitoring systems e.g. CPOMs
• Carrying out six monthly checks for each student to review progress and updating school systems.
• Working directly with the SENCo and EHCP Administrator to ensure a consistent approach is provided for all students.
Other duties will include:
1. Completing referrals to external agencies, as directed by the SLT or as agreed in review meetings.
2. A commitment to the agreed school vision and mission statement.
3. Taking an active part in internal meetings/working groups.
4. Communicating effectively with students/parents and carer and collaborate with colleagues and other relevant professionals within school and beyond the school.
5. Relaying any concern to the SENCo or Safeguarding lead in the first instance.
6. Continuing personal and professional development.
7. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students for whom you have a responsibility or come into contact with, to include adhering to all specified policies and procedures.
8. Any other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the SLT.
Southlands School can offer
• The opportunity to work with 132 unique and rewarding students,
• A friendly and supportive environment,
• Weekly CPD sessions,
• An experienced and dedicated team.
This post is fixed term until the 31st August 2022, 37 hours per week, term time only over 195 days.
Application forms available from: https://www.southlandsnt.org.uk/ or by contacting: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications Friday 17th of September at 1pm.
Southlands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
This job is closed for applications.