P480341 - Teaching Assistant (SEND) - Whickham Academy
Term-time only (Permanent)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/09/2021 23:59
Grade F £23080 - £25481 per annum, pro rata to term time only, actual salary £19653 - £21697
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Schools - Support
We are seeking to appoint a passionate, motivated and dedicated SEND Teaching Assistant to work in partnership with teaching and other SEND Team staff. You will support the learning, engagement and progress of SEND pupils in a range of contexts.
SEND Teaching Assistants will:
• Work with class teachers to ensure SEND pupils engage in learning and make good progress;
• Promote pupils’ independent learning skills, self-esteem and social inclusion;
• Give support to pupils through structured interventions so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement;
• Act as a Key Worker for a number of SEND pupils, maintaining regular contact with parents / carers;
• Work closely with Faculty Leaders to ensure teaching staff have the skills, knowledge, training and resources to differentiate appropriately to meet the needs of SEND pupils within their subjects;
• Be linked to and support a faculty with SEND intervention and teaching strategies, developing expertise in specific subject areas;
• Develop expertise in two specific aspects of SEND.
We have recently undertaken a radical re-structure of our SEND provision and the successful candidate will work in an exciting, fast-paced and highly motivated, yet supportive environment. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards for behaviour, engagement and academic outcomes. At Whickham School, we value all of our pupils and ensure that they are seen as individuals with differing interests, knowledge, skills and needs. We have an inclusive ethos and strive to increase the learning and participation of all pupils, ensuring access to an appropriate curriculum.
SEND is seen as a whole-school issue, hence the responsibility of everyone. Every teacher is a teacher of every young person, including those with SEND or any other additional need. We work closely with our children, families and a wide range of professionals to ensure the best possible educational outcomes.
The role is 37 hours per week in term time. Hours of work are 8.20am – 4.20pm Monday – Thursday and 8.20am – 3.50pm on a Friday. Please submit your application via the TES and have your application uploaded by 9am on Wednesday 15th September 2021. Please follow this link to access the application portal. https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/teaching-assistant-within-special-educational-needs-and-disabilities-send-gateshead-1485489?preview=1
This job is closed for applications.